Looking for a way to use that abundance of produce your garden had offered you this late summer? This no-cook and easily adjustable vegetable ceviche is the perfect fit for the hot summertime meal you are looking for.
All ingredient amounts are subject to your taste and availability, however, I find it best to keep cauliflower as two-thirds of the dish with small handfuls of the other flavors adding up to the remaining one-third.
- 2 cups of cauliflower, cut in to roughly 1/2-3/4" pieces
- cherry tomatoes, cut into 4ths
- avocado, large dice
- celery, sliced into 1/4" slices
- red bell pepper, large dice
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- shallot, small dice
- 1/8 cup of Italian parsley or cilantro, leaves only & torn
- pinch (or to taste) sea salt
- juice of one lime
Add all ingredients to a large bowl and gently toss. Make sure all ingredients are well coated. Chill for one hour and serve. This will keep for only one day in the refrigerator.
Optional add-ins or substitutions:
- roasted corn
- lima beans
- red onion
- poblano pepper
Adapted from Thug Kitchen