Black Bean and Kale Chocolate Brownies topped with Peanut Butter Hummus
What you see: "Black Bean and Kale Chocolate Brownies topped with Peanut Butter Hummus"
What you only want to see: Chocolate Brownies topped with Peanut Butter
What you will only taste: Chocolate Brownies topped with Peanut Butter
For the Brownie
- 3-4 leaves curly kale, washed, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 TBS coconut oil, melted to a liquid
- 2 1/2 TBS cocoa powder
- 3/4 C gluten free quick oats
- 2 TBS brown rice syrup
- 2 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 TBS baking powder
- scant of sea salt
- 1/2 C dairy free dark chocolate chips, roughly chopped
For the Peanut Butter Hummus:
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter* (look for an ingredient label that has only one ingredient: peanuts)
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 date, pitted and roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350. Make sure the kale is dry and then place chopped kale in food processor and pulse several times until minced. Transfer kale to a large mixing bowl. Put the black beans through the salt in the food processor and allow it to run until the mixture almost becomes smooth. Pour over kale and fold in chocolate chips using a spatula. Lightly spray an 8x8 baking pan and pour in brownie mixture.
Cook for 20 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-7 minutes before slicing.
In a food processor, mix all peanut butter hummus ingredients and pour into to a Ziploc bag. Snip a small corner off of a corner of the bag to replicate a pastry bag and pipe designs onto the brownies.
*If you are concerned about a peanut allergy, substitute the peanut butter for sunflower seed butter. Equally awesome.