Summer Squash Slaw
Embrace the vibrant bounty of summer with this refreshing Summer Squash Slaw. Combining the crispness of zucchini, yellow squash, purple cabbage, and carrot with the subtle bite of green onion and the crunch of sesame seeds, it's elevated by a tangy dressing of Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and a hint of pepper. Perfect as a light side dish or a zesty topping on a black bean burger or even my crab cakes!
- 2 summer squashes, grated or julienned
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
In a large bowl, combine the summer squash, carrots, red cabbage, and green onions.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the slaw mixture and toss to coat everything well.
Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes for the flavors to meld. Before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
Do you know about our STREAMING PLUS membership?
Our membership is built like a streaming service - you get a full library of plant-based cooking classes to watch whenever you want. PLUS, you gain access to upcoming interactive virtual cooking classes and a monthly accountability group call.
As a member you get:
- Complete library of all past virtual classes - stream them whenever you’d like!
- Free access to upcoming virtual classes
- Library of easy and quick recipes: 100 and growing
- Access to private Facebook group
- Monthly accountability check-in and support group Zoom call with Caryn
- Quarterly “Ask the Doc” call with Dr. Jim Loomis, our Medical Director
- A community of support
To learn more, please visit us here.