Sweet Potato Stuffed Mushrooms
The perfect appetizer or even a full meal! These savory and smoky little stuffed 'shrooms make a great anytime food and you can make them ahead and pop them all week long!
- 12 baby bella mushroom caps
- 1 large sweet potato
- ½ cup cooked or canned chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- De-stem, rinse, and dry the mushroom caps.
- Microwave the sweet potato on high for 6 to 8 minutes, or roast it in a 425°F oven for 30 minutes, or until fork-tender. Let the sweet potato cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine the cooked sweet potato, chickpeas, cumin, coriander, paprika, and chili powder; pulse until the mixture is thick and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Spoon the filling into mushroom caps, about 1 tablespoon per cap. Bake the filled mushrooms for about 30 minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Jim Loomis, MD
Photo courtesy of Forks Over Knives