Vegan feta cheese
Tangy and dense, just like the read deal, except better for you. This feta rocks.
- 1lb extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon white miso paste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
Break tofu into a few large pieces in a mixing bowl and set aside. Whisk all remaining ingredients, except nutritional yeast, together. Pour over tofu and mix with your hands, crumbing the tofu into smaller pieces as you go. Set aside and let rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle nutritional yeast over top and mix. Taste, adding more nutritional yeast if desired.
Will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for one week.
Some things happening at the Center for Plant-based Living:
2. Check out our latest classes: https://www.cpbl-stl.com/classes
3. To purchase some of the kitchen tools I use https://tinyurl.com/yyacj2cg
4. To subscribe to the weekly Plant-based Quick Cooking Show: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCExWwoBh6fvdOgghkjh0U1A?
Thank you for your continued support!