White Bean and Kale Soup
A simple, yet incredibly nourishing quick meal packed with nutrient dense kale, fiber-filled beans and tasty roasted tomatoes, this soup is quick, economical and freezes well.
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves (depending on taste), roughly chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped or torn
- 1/2 (7 ounces) can diced tomatoes, fire roasted, no salt added
- 1 can ( 14 oz ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, no salt added
- Salt+ freshly ground pepper to taste
In a large pre-heated saucepan, add the onion and celery and begin to saute. Continue to stir and the water will release from the vegetables. If you get some stickage, add a tablespoon of water/broth and deglaze. Bring the heat down to medium-high. Keep stirring until the onion becomes translucent. Add in the garlic and continue to cook for another 30-45 seconds. (When garlic becomes fragrant, this is when you always add in the next ingredients.) Add in broth, kale, tomatoes, beans and salt+pepper. Bring to a boil and down to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook until the kale has wilted (about 10 minutes).