White Bean and Kale Soup
A simple, yet incredibly nourishing quick meal that I'm convinced plays a part in me not suffering from that pesky flu I used to get every winter. Packed with nutrient dense kale, fiber filled beans and tasty roasted tomatoes, this soup is quick, economical and freezes well.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2-4 garlic cloves (depending on taste), roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 (14 ounces) can diced tomatoes, Fire Roasted, no salt added
- 1 (28 ounces) large can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, no salt added
- Salt/pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, heat up a few tablespoons of broth and begin to sauté the onion, carrots and celery for about 4 minutes, or until the mixture begins to sweat down. Add in the garlic and continue to cook for another two minutes. Add in broth, kale, tomatoes, beans and salt/pepper. Bring to a boil and down to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook until the kale has wilted (about 10 minutes).