Whole Grain Oil-free Granola
A lot of pre-made granola in the grocery stores have added oils, sugars, stabilizers, etc. No thanks. Here's my nutrient-dense and delicious version with some fun add-ins if you like!
- 4 cups of whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts OR pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of raisins, dried cranberries or a mix of the two (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried and shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup date paste OR maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter (for an allergy, tahini, or sunflower seed butter is fine)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- pinch of salt (optional)
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375.
Add a all the dried ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
For the wet ingredients, you'll want them blended well. I used my new favorite kitchen tool, the NutriBullet. This thing is a beast and it's great for smaller batches.
Pour the wet over the dry and really work the mixture into the oats. If you don't want to get all the peanutty-date deliciousness, I use these gloves.
Spread the granola out on the parchment-ready pan and bake for 25 minutes. When it begins to brown, you can tun off the oven and allow the granola to cool in the oven.
Store this is sealed jars and bags. It will last 7-10 days. Can be frozen for 3 months.
Do you know about our STREAMING PLUS membership?
Our membership is built like a streaming service - you get a full library of plant-based cooking classes to watch whenever you want. PLUS, you gain access to upcoming interactive virtual cooking classes and a monthly accountability group call.
As a member you get:
- Complete library of all past virtual classes - stream them whenever you’d like!
- Free access to upcoming virtual classes
- Library of easy and quick recipes: 100 and growing
- Access to private Facebook group
- Monthly accountability check-in and support group Zoom call with Caryn
- Quarterly “Ask the Doc” call with Dr. Jim Loomis, our Medical Director
- A community of support
To learn more, please visit us here.