Think you need tofu to be deep fried to get that great crispy outside? Nah! This is so easy you won't believe it!
- 1 block of extra firm tofu with most of the water squeezed out
- 1/4 cup whole wheat, oat or chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon each: garlic powder + onion powder
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 convection. If you don't have a convection setting, set to 425.
Cut the tofu in the same sized cubes, about 1" in size.
Add all the spices to a bowl and mix well. Toss the tofu cubes in the mixture and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet
Bake for 35 minutes.
To air fry, bake at 370 for 15 minutes.
You can add these to any stir fry, or toss with buffalo sauce and serve along side with the delicious Heart Hemp Ranch.