Dill Flavored Autumn Roasted Root Vegetables
The sweetness of the natural sugars from the vegetables coupled with the freshness of the dill offers a complex yet lovely flavor. Add the creamy tahini sauce and you have instant comfort food.
- 4 carrots, 2 parsnips, 2 sweet potatoes, 3 beets, 1 turnip, peeled and cut and chopped into uniformed bite sized portions
- One onion, peeled and cut into fourths
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Fresh or dried dill
Tahini sauce ingredients:
- ¾ C oil and salt-free tahini paste
- ¼ C water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Scant of salt
- Handful of fresh dill or 2 TBS of dry dill
Preheat your oven to 375°. In a large mixing bowl, toss all the vegetables with a 2 tablespoons of water, salt and dill. Lay the vegetables out on a parchment paper lined baking pan and try not to let them overlap so they cook evenly. Bake for 45 minutes, tossing once. Serve immediately with Tahini Dill Sauce (recipe follows).
Blend all ingredients together; add more water as needed if it is too thick. Add dill at end and continue to blend for another couple of seconds. Serve immediately.