One Bowl Choclate Chip Walnut Cookies (gluten-free)
How did you make those awesome chocolate chip cookies without messing up your whole kitchen!!
Check this out!
- 1 overripe banana
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder (extract can also be used)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (for gluten-free, use oat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- heavy pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life)
Preheat oven to 350
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork, potato masher, your hands, whatever.
Add the applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix very well.
Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Continue to mix.
Add the oats, walnuts and chocolate chips and fold everything together until moistened through.
Using a spoon, scoop a well-rounded amount of dough on to the baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
Bake until slightly browned, about 12-14 minutes. Cookies will firm up as they cool down.
Makes 14-16 cookies.
Originally adapted from Isa Chandra Moskowitz
1. Check out our latest classes: https://www.cpbl-stl.com/classes
2. To purchase some of the kitchen tools I use https://tinyurl.com/yyacj2cg
3. To subscribe to the weekly Plant-based Quick Cooking Show: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCExWwoBh6fvdOgghkjh0U1A?
COMING SOON – Virtual Membership.
Thank you for your continued support!