Chunky Blue Cheese Dip (or dressing!)
Dive in, baby! Your plant-based blue cheese is HERE! Make it a dip, make it a dressing - it's sooo good!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups water
- 12 oz silken firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow miso
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- unsweetened, plain dairy-free milk to desired thickness of dressing
- 1 12 oz package of ultra firm tofu (not silken), water squeezed out and crumbled by hand
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried dill (or to taste)
- heavy pinch of salt
Soak the cashews for a few hours or boil them for 10 minutes. Drain off the water.
To a blender, add all the dressing ingredients and drizzle in as much of the plant-based milk as desired. Add more plant-based milk for a dressing, less for a dip. It will firm up as it chills. Transfer to a bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix together the Crumbles and add as much as you'd like to the dressing. Leftover crumbles can be added to salads, pizza toppings, over potatoes, etc.
Makes a 1 1/2 cups