Fruit and Nut Corn Muffins
Pick your favorite dried fruit and nuts, add them to this easy cornbread muffin mixture, and you have and easy meal on the run or a really great addition to any meal. This works great with the Three Sisters Stew and also the Big Bold Chili!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons raw shelled pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 375.
Add liners to a muffin pan.
To a large mixing bowl, add the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt.
To a smaller bowl, add the applesauce, milk and maple syrup. Whisk and pour wet ingredients in to dry ingredients and gently mix to get a thin batter. Fold in the fruit and nuts.
Pour the batter into the muffin cups, about 3/4 of the way full, and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops begin to turn golden.
Makes 14 muffins.
Do you know about our virtual membership? We call it the Center for Plant-based Living Community Support Club and we’d love to have you!
As a member you get:
- Complete library of past virtual cooking classes + all recipes
- Library of easy and quick recipes: 100 and growing
- Access to private Facebook group
- Monthly accountability check-in and support group Zoom call with Caryn
- Quarterly “Ask the Doc” call with Dr. Jim Loomis, our Medical Director
- 20% off all virtual multi-week programming
- A community of support
To learn more, please visit us here.