Mixed Bean Hummus
Adding in a new bean and sprinkling in a little turmeric takes this hummus to the next level.
- 1 14 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 14 oz can black eyes peas
- 1 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon oil-free tahini paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper each
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or water)
Drain and rinse the beans, transfer them to a blender or a food processor. Add in the reset of the ingredients except the broth and begin running the machine. If you are using a food processor, it will be easy to begin blending the ingredients. If using a blender, you'll need to start drizzling in a little of the broth to get things moving.
Add more broth to thin it out, to use as a dip or a sandwich spread, less liquid is needed.
Makes 2 3/4 cups