Shamrock Skewers with Edamame Hummus
Sure green beer on St. Paddy's Day is festive, but how about we even the playing field with some real greens! Skewer up your favorite green vegetables and dip in my new edamame hummus!
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut to florets and roasted
- 1 zucchini squash, cut to 1" rounds and halved
- 1/2 lb Brussels Sprouts, rough ends cut off and halved
- 1 bell pepper, cut to 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 poblano pepper, cut to 1 1/2" pieces
- 4-6 skewers
- 14 ounces cooked chickpeas
- 14 ounces cooked edamame
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- pinch of salt
- vegetable broth (or water) to get things moving
Roast, steam, or air-fry any green vegetables you like. Or, leave raw!
As a note, I don't use oil in my cooking, so to get any seasoning to stick, I will give a slight toss in vegetable broth or vinegar.
While cooking, Make your hummus.
Add all ingredients to a blender or a food processor and add the liquid as the machine is running, this will prevent from creating a too-thin dip.
Skewer up your greens and dollop the hummus on top.
The hummus also makes a great wrap, sandwich and burger spread!