Spiced Up Corn Casserole
A ho-hum staple just got a kick in the pants. My brother who wouldn't eat anything green if his life depended upon it actually went back for seconds when I brought this to the table. Now, there is a testament.
- 3 C fresh or frozen (thawed) corn, divided
- ¼ C frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 oz soft tofu, drained and most of the water soaked out
- 3 TBS hemp milk (or other non-dairy, plain milk)
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast flakes
- 1TBS olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ C brown rice flour
- Salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 °.
In a food processor, blend ½ of the corn, spinach, tofu, hemp milk and nutritional flakes. Place mixture in a large mixing bowl. In a medium sized skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté the onion and peppers until soft (about 3-4 minutes). Add this to the mixing bowl and incorporate the rest of the ingredients. Once well integrated, pour into an oiled 8 X 8 baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until it begins to brown. Take out of oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.